Jeffrey A. Schoen
Shareholder (Partner) and President
JEFFREY A. SCHOEN is the founding shareholder (partner) of the law firm, where he practices commercial law with particular emphasis in commercial real estate transactions, commercial real estate finance, limited liability companies and corporations, construction law, and franchising.
Since 1986, Mr. Schoen has represented business owners, buyers and sellers; commercial real estate owners, buyers and sellers; commercial landlords and tenants; commercial lenders and borrowers; design professionals; commercial construction contractors and subcontractors; and franchisors and franchisees. He has presented seminars and published articles on commercial real estate and business matters, and has been interviewed and cited as authority on commercial real estate matters. Mr. Schoen is recognized in Arizona’s Finest Lawyers, the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers®, Legal Leaders – Arizona’s Top Rated Lawyers, and The Heritage Registry of Who’s Who®. He was invited to join the faculty of the Phoenix School of Law (now known as Arizona Summit Law School) as an Adjunct Professor.
Before founding Law Offices of Jeffrey A. Schoen, P.C. in 1994, Mr. Schoen had been a partner in a 10-attorney Phoenix law firm, an in-house counsel at the Arizona division of a major international bank, and an associate attorney in a 41-attorney Phoenix law firm. He brings that larger law firm expertise, experience, training and professionalism to the smaller law firm environment and clientele, along with smaller law firm personal service, cost-effectiveness and responsiveness.
Mr. Schoen received his B.S. degree in Aeronautical Technology from Arizona State University in 1975, and his J.D. degree from the ASU College of Law in 1986. He is a member of the American Bar Association (Sections on: Franchising; Business Law; and Real Property, Trust and Estate Law), the State Bar of Arizona (Sections on: Real Property; and Construction Law) and the Maricopa County Bar Association.
Mr. Schoen also formerly was a member of the American Association of Franchisees & Dealers: as Member of the Steering Committee of the LegaLine® Council; as Secretary of the LegaLine® Council; and as Chairman of the LegaLine® Council Accreditation Subcommittee. He has served as a Judge of the Negotiation Competition and the Client Counseling Competition (both Competitions sponsored by the American Bar Association Law Student Division) held at the Arizona State University College of Law.
Before attending law school, Mr. Schoen was a pilot instructor in the United States Air Force, graduating Number 1 in his Pilot Instructor Training class, attaining the rank of Captain and earning the Air Training Command Certificate of Master Instructor Pilot. He also earned several licenses and certificates issued by the Federal Aviation Administration, including: Airline Transport Pilot – Multi-Engine Land; Certified Flight Instructor – Airplanes and Instruments; and Glider.
Mr. Schoen was a USAF T-37 Instructor Pilot from 1978 to 1983
Mr. Schoen flew the T-38 in 1977-78
2nd Lt. Schoen in January 1978
Professional Associations and Activities:
- American Association of Franchisees & Dealers:
- Member, Steering Committee of the LegaLine Council (1995-99)
- Secretary of the LegaLine Council (1996-97)
- Chairman of the LegaLine Council Accreditation Subcommittee (1996-97)
- American Bar Association, Sections on:
- Real Property, Trust and Estate Law
- Business Law
- Law Practice Management
- State Bar of Arizona, Sections on:
- Real Property
- Construction Law
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Judge, Negotiation Competition
(sponsored by the American Bar Association Law Student Division), Arizona State University College of Law (1986-97)
- Judge, Client Counseling Competition
(sponsored by the American Bar Association Law Student Division), Arizona State University College of Law (1995-98)
Publications and Seminars Presented:
- Faculty/Presenter, “Minimizing Engineering Liability Exposure,” sponsored by HalfMoon Seminars, January 2012
- Faculty/Presenter, “Advanced LLC Issues,” sponsored by National Business Institute, December 2011
- Faculty/Presenter, “Minimizing Engineering Liability Exposure,” sponsored by HalfMoon Seminars, January 2008
- Faculty/Presenter, “Commercial Leases: How to Do Them Right!” sponsored by Sterling Education Services, February 2007
- Faculty/Presenter, “Commercial Real Estate Transactions,” sponsored by Professional Education Systems Institute, May 2005
- Faculty/Presenter, “Negotiating, Drafting and Enforcing Commercial Leases in Arizona,” sponsored by Sterling Education Services, April 2005
- Faculty/Presenter, “Real Estate Purchase and Sale Transactions,” sponsored by Sterling Education Services, February 2005
- Faculty/Presenter, “Arizona Commercial Real Estate Transactions: From Listing to Closing,” sponsored by HalfMoon Seminars, April 2004
- Faculty/Presenter, “Commercial Leases: How to Do Them Right!” sponsored by Sterling Education Services, September 2003
- Cited as expert authority in Karon Warren, “How to Steer Clear of Potential Legal Issues,” Real Estate Executive, November 2002
- Legal Articles Contributor, National Mortgage Broker (1996)
- Legal Articles Contributor, Arizona Journal of Real Estate & Business (1995-96)
- Legal Articles Contributor, The Kachina News, Kachina Mortgage Company (1994-95)
- Author: Comment, “Airport Noise: How State and Local Governments Can Protect Airports from Urban Encroachment,” Arizona State Law Journal, Volume 1986, page 309 (1986)